He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, June 13, 2008

POOL

I am at a calm relief right now. My lawyer got the tax checks from Darren's lawyer. So, I got my half of the refund last Friday. I spent the last couple of days making calls and catching up all of my bills. Nothing makes you feel more better than getting all of your finances back in order!

After paying all of the bills, I checked to see how much money was left over. I needed to have money for our trip to Minneapolis to see my sister in two weeks, and to have a cushion in cause things got bad again. Everything was good, and I had more money left over than I thought I was going to, so I bought a pool.

Last year, we tried to use a hand-me-down pool that Darren's aunt and uncle gave to us roughly 8 years ago. Unfortunately, the water weight was much more than the old pool bladder could handle, and it literally blew apart.

Gas has gotten high and I was thinking about how Cassidy and Jessie went to the swimming pool darn near every day last year. I will not be able to afford that many trips to Leeds this year. However, I am still going to enroll Cassidy in the two-week swimming lesson session.

With the help of Vanessa Moller, we got the pool up in 3 hours, it took 8 hours to fill the pool with water, and now we are just waiting for a few warm days so we can actually get in the pool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone