He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, May 29, 2008

I AM STILL HERE

I haven't been up to a whole lot lately. Just the normal stuff that keeps me busy. My Coding Certification Prep class is actually going pretty well so far. I also got to Job Service and took speed typing, medical terminology, and medical spelling tests that I did well on. I am waiting to hear from them to see if I got the job or not now.

Last Sunday, the girls and I went to the pig farmer's home. They recently had a batch of piglets and the girls wanted to see them.

My mom and dad came over a few days this week and cleaned up the yard. Well, my dad did pretty much all of the cleaning. Most of the junk is gone, everything has a temporary place, and dad even cut down some small trees and branches that really opened up the yard. It is so nice to drive into my yard and see how clean it is. I wanted to clean up the yard for the last 4 years and it finally got done. There is a few more things to do, but that will come in time.

Nichole and Vanessa Moller have been visiting us quite often. It is nice cause the girls like to see them and they are fun to be around. I really like the adult conversations too! Today, Vanessa and I went into Devils Lake, and when we got back, she lightened my hair and cut it. It's short, but I think it looks nice. It is one of those clean "scruffy" cuts that you can do almost anything with. She even left it long enough so I can still put it in a ponytail.

My mom is still waiting to hear from the doctors in Fargo about surgery on her bulged disk. I guess her case needs to go in front of a board, the board examines her case to see how bad it is, then they will decide if they need to do the surgery right away, or place her on a waiting list. I hope she can get in right away. The disk really bothers a lot. Today, she went into town and got some different meds. Hopefully, these ones will work better than the ones she has tried before and she will be able to go back to work next week.

I had to call and make dentist appointments for the girls. When I was brushing Jessie's teeth a week ago, I noticed two small holes in some bottom teeth. I am thinking they may be cavities. Problem is, I am having a tough time finding a dentist close to us that accepts medical assistance. If anything, I may have to skip using the medical assistance and have Darren help me pay out-of-pocket for the expense. I am still calling around though. I haven't given up hope yet.

Tomorrow we don't have much planned. Vanessa will probably come over after work to hang out for a while before going home. Sunday, Darren is coming to get stuff out of the garage and to spend a little time with the girls. I am glad that he is coming because it has been almost 4 weeks since the girls have seen him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone