He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, June 27, 2008

MNPLS TRIP PART I

The girls and I are in Minneapolis visiting my sister. We got here on Wednesday evening and plan on leaving for home on Sunday after church.


Thursday, we went to the Mall of America where the girls got to meet Dora the Explorer, Diego, and Jimmy Neutron. Of course, Cassidy rode a bunch of rides and even asked to go on a roller coaster. She was tall enough to go on one, so my sister bought a pass and rode the coaster with her. My sister said Cass was a bit scared at first, but then really started to like the ride. Cassidy wanted to ride a lot of the bigger rides, but couldn't because she was too short. Jessie was able to ride a few of the rides too, but she was still too short for most of them.


Today, my sister and mom left early to do some clothes shopping for my mom. After they came back, we went to The Chair where Lynnette, mom, Cassidy, and Jessie got their hair cut. This was the first ever hair cut for Jessie and she did VERY well. Afterwards, Jessie fell asleep in the car and we did some quick clothes shopping for me. Hopefully, we can get out tomorrow and do a little more.


This evening, we had to take Jessie to an emergency care clinic. This morning, we noticed that Jessie was having problems breathing and she was coughing. She wasn't sick when we left ND, and I was hoping that she would get better as the day went on. She seemed to get a bit worse. I called the ND social service office to see if my ND Medicaid could be used out of state, but didn't get any definite answers. The doctor said that she wasn't sick and that she probably has asthma and it was an asthma attack. They gave me a prescription for nebulizer albuterol. Unfortunately, I left my nebulizer machine at home. I was going to buy one, but it was $190, so I didn't get it. My sister knows a person who we can probably borrow one from. Hopefully she will feel better soon.


I will post pictures as we get them loaded. Otherwise the rest will be posted after we get home.






Couldn't help but pimp the Patrick hat.

Auntie sporting the Spongebob hat.


Cassidy, Dora the Explorer, Jessie, and Auntie Lynnette.


Cassidy and Jimmy Neutron


Cassidy and Diego.


Cassidy and Auntie Lynnette getting ready to take off on the coaster.


Cassidy and Auntie Lynnette riding the roller coaster. If you look hard, you can see them!


Cassidy in the Rugrats Bumper cars.


The girls and I riding the Swiper Sweeper ride.


Bucca di Beppo's. It was a nice place to eat. They served family sized meals which can feed a small army of 12.













Inside Bucca's. I had to take the picture because that is actually a bust of the pope in the middle of the table!



























1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone