He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Today, Cassidy wanted to go visit our neighbors who raise elk. The neighbors were not busy so we went over to visit. The girls got a kick looking at the elk. They are a lot larger up close than I thought they would be. They are like horses with antlers.

The neighbors have two little boys who play with the girls very well. The four kids got bored when the elk didn't come up to the fence as soon as they wanted them too. Eventually, they all wandered back to the yard to play. It was nice being able to let the kids play as Breanne and I talked and caught up on things. Grant even introduced Cassidy to a game he made up called Pillow Fish. It is quite an interesting game. They basically whack the heck out of each other with these extremely large, overstuffed fish that are, in fact, pillows. They are comfortable...if I you can handle laying your head on a huge realistic looking fish.

We were visiting for about 3 hours, when all the kids started getting hungry. Jessie also started to get a little crabby, so it was a good time to go. After we got back to our house and had a quick supper, Cassidy wanted to go for a horse ride. So, I saddled up my horse, threw the girls on her back, and we walked about a mile or so. Cassidy's hands were starting to get cold, so we came back. it was actually a nice end to a good day.

Tomorrow is full of action. The girls have a Health Tracks screening at 10:15 am. Then I need to see my Career Options case manager. She is going to take me out to get some nice clothing for my job interview. Then I need to go to Job Service and take my tests for my job interview.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone