He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

SICK JESSIE AND A BIRTHDAY APPROACHING

Jessie isn't feeling well again. She woke up this morning and did not eat a bite of her breakfast. This was very unusual because she normally eats us out of house and home. I noticed that she was feeling warm so I took her temperature. It was 99.8. I gave her some Motrin and stripped her down to her diaper to cool off. A half hour later I took her temp and it was back down to a normal 97.1. I gathered the girls quickly to head to Billy's place. My goal was to do homework while the girls played. When we got to Billy's the girls were surprisingly very tired so they both laid down for a nap. I got some homework done by the time Jessie got up and she was very warm again. I took her temp and it was back up to 99.8 so I gave her some more Motrin. I waited another half hour and took her temp. It did not go down at all and when I took her temp this time she really fussed about it so I decided to take her to the clinic and left Cassie sleeping at Billy's.

When I got to the clinic Jessie's temp had risen to 102.2 and one ear was pink. The doctor gave us some medication for her stuffy icky nose that she has had for a week, as well as antibiotic for the ear infection. I gave her the first dose of both meds, along with Motrin, when we got back to Billy's and a second dose of meds, and Tylenol, before bedtime. I checked on the girls about two hours after they went to bed and Jessie was sitting up in her crib. She was quiet and did not make any noise. I felt her forehead and it was very warm again so I gave her another dose of Motrin. She is sleeping now and I hope she doesn't get up in the middle of the night. I am hoping that she is feeling better in the morning and does not have a fever. I am hoping that my mother can come to my house tomorrow so that I can get more homework done along with some house cleaning. Because I had to run Jessie to the clinic I did not get near as much done today as I was hoping to and if she is still sick tomorrow I probably will not get anything done at all.

It is Darren's 30th birthday on July 1. He has bluntly hinted numerous times that he wants to have a celebration so keep calendars open. I am thinking of just doing something out here at our place. I was considering doing something in town but I do not have the money to rent out a place and gas is killing us right now. I was thinking that we could grill out and drink. If people needed to spend the night that would be okay...just depends on how many people. We can always put tents up in the yard too. If anyone has any suggestions let me know because I am not sure what I am going to do about it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone