He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, August 26, 2006

WHAT HAVE I DONE

I have been doing a lot of serious doubting tonight. I have been online for two hours doing homework, trying to get pretests out of the way, and checking up on all my messages and updates on WebCT. As I am going through all the work and reading all my materials it has dawned on me how much harder this semester is going to be than the one I just got through.

One class says that the optimum study time is 12-15 hour a week, another say 5-6 a day!! At least the instructor for the third class is a little more giving. She says to try and get out assignments in as close to the turn-in date as possible but doesn't mind if it isn't handed in right on the date posted. If we need extra time all we have to do is let her know.

Since the start of classes on Tuesday, the only thing I have accomplished right now is one pretest and some homework. That doesn't include all the reading that I have in the other two classes. A majority of this work needs to be in by September 11 and I just don't know if I am going to be able to handle it.

I have been thinking about dropping one class. But then the more I think about it, the more I think like I sound like a failure and I don't want to disappoint anyone in my family by cutting a class. On the other hand, I would really be upset if I have to come back to this class and pay tuition for it AGAIN. I don't know what to do.

On a happier note, my mom is taking the girls and I, along with my grandmother, up to the lake cabin at Upsilon Lake tomorrow. I am going to try and bring some books with me and try to get some reading done in the car. I may even get some assignments done too.

2 Comments:

  • At August 26, 2006 at 9:14 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    Hey, if it's honestly too much of a workload, I say drop it. It's be better than getting halfway through the course and then having a breakdown.

     
  • At August 28, 2006 at 11:05 AM, Blogger Tigre said…

    you keep on keepin on girl! Keep on chuggin, cause when you succeed, all of that tough stuff you did won't be bothering you then. Life is always difficult today, but tomorrow always has promise.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone