He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, February 20, 2006

GEARING UP TO BE PART OF WSC

Registration for Williston State College starts March 1st. Most of the classes that I am taking online go from May 22nd to July 28th. Now to get the certificate it's only 35 credits but to get the degree (which I want) is 65 credits. Every college student knows that it's almost impossible to get done with that many credits in two months so I am going to call WSC today and speak with an advisor. Then that way I can tell them my situation and they can help me set up classes the best of my needs which will help a lot. I can also speak to them about grants and financial aid too. I prefer to try and get as many grants and things as possible before the financial aid that way I won't have so much to pay back.

I am actually really excited to get started on this. I have a great support system already started and people have already told me that they are their to help with whatever I may need to get the degree finished...which is great because books are expensive and I may need help getting those at first because I can't study without books.

Also, once I get the degree finding a job shouldn't be too hard. Vet, vision, and dental offices even use medical transcription personal to get things done too and I don't live too far from three towns which all have those businesses in them. In fact, I can think of four.

Wish me good luck!!!

2 Comments:

  • At February 20, 2006 at 5:05 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    Holy crap, 2 months? How many credits per class is it? Of course, doing it online should be a lot less stressful on your schedule.

     
  • At February 20, 2006 at 5:36 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Some classes are only worth 3 credits but there are some of them that are worth 5 or better.

    Realistically I know that there is no way I can do all the classes in two months but I figure I can do what I think is suitable and then keep scheduling more classes at the months go on.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone