He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, February 16, 2006

A SUPRISING BILL

I need to call Social Services in Minnewaukan. I was on Medicaid when I had Jessie and I thought that Medicaid was supposed to cover myself and the baby for 63 days after birth but today I got a bill from Altru clinic/hospital for $3785.75 If we have to pay that I don't know where we are going to get the money for it. I am hoping for some good news when I call Social Services. I am thinking maybe SS couldn't pay anything on Jessie's bill because we don't have her SSN yet but once we get it then they can take care of the bill. Also I noticed on the bill that there is still the $2746.73 from my surgery still on the bill and I know that has to be covered by Medicaid. So maybe the bill was sent before Medicaid could process everything. I don't know. I am just hoping for some good news when I call SS because that still leaves $1039.02 on the bill and I don't know how we are going to pay for it.

1 Comments:

  • At February 16, 2006 at 9:30 AM, Blogger Janelle said…

    On a second thought, I called the clinic's billing dept before calling SS just to see if they had a problem. The clinic hasn't heard from our insurance company (Blue Cross of MN) yet so they haven't been able to make bill adjustments or anything and as soon as they hear from Blue Cross then they can run things through Medicaid. I am supposed to wait until the next billing cycle to see what happends. I hope waiting a month doesn't turn around and bite me in the ass later.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone