He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, February 12, 2006

TOOTSIE ROLLS, VISITORS, AND ABSOLUTE QUIET

We have been working on getting Cassie completely potty trained but one thing we were never able to get her to do was actually poop in the toilet. I finally started telling Cassie that when she pooped in the toilet, we would give her a Tootsie Roll. Today, she finally got a Tootsie Roll. She would always tell us that she had to poop and when we got in there nothing would happen. I think it surprised her a little cause she was laughing and goofing around when she was pushing and then all of a sudden she got a weird look on her face and then after it fell into the toilet she shouted "OH! I POOPED!!" My mom bought us some thick padded training pants a while back and I think I am going to start using them now since I know that she can pee and poop in the toilet and maybe if she feels herself get wet a couple of times she won't like it and then come to us to go to the bathroom more often.

Also today we were visited by Darren's cousin Jeff, Jeff's girlfriend Tonya, and their daughters Alyssa and Hailey. It was great to see them, especially Tonya since I don't see her often and I really like her. They stayed for a few hours before they took off. I felt bad a couple of times because I had to leave the room to nurse Jessie.

Darren's parents called yesterday. They have to pay in $900 to the IRS from when Dave sold his cattle. I feel bad for them. They also want to know if we will go to Bismarck for an over night stay at the end of this month with them. They offered to pick up the room and meals. I am kind of questioning it myself cause Jessie isn't sleeping through the night yet, she is feeding every three hours and when she's not feeding she is sleeping so I am not going to get out of the hotel room much, and because of how little Jessie is I am worried about flu and RSV. Jessie absolutely can not get sick otherwise we are going to run into more problems because of how little she is. I would love to go so I am going to check it out with my lactation consultant, MaryAnne, on Wednesday to see what she thinks. If she doesn't think it's a good idea than Darren and Cassie can go and Jessie and I will stay home. We will just have to see.

It's really quiet in the house right now. Jessie and Darren are sleeping in the bedroom and Cassie passed out on the living room floor watching Peter Pan. I think I am going to take this opportunity to sneak in a sweet snack that I don't have to share with Cassie and just lounge. Maybe I will even pick up where I left off in "The Chronicles of Narnia" book that I started before Jessie was born.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone