He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, February 20, 2006

SAMMY CAT, CHURCH, AND A PENDING BAPTISIM

Mom and dad's cat, Sam, had been sick for some time. She would go through spells where she looked like death wandering the house and then after a week or so she would come out of it and look a little better but lately she had been pretty bad. It got to the point she would swagger when she walked and it was impossible for her to walk a straight line, and once while I was there she lost her balance while she was drinking water and fell face first into the water dish. It's basically my dad's cat and he figured since he was going to be on the road a lot with his business that the humane thing was to put her to sleep so he took Sam to the vet on Friday.

Sunday I called my mom and had her pick the girls and I up so we could go to church because it has been a really long time since I gone. I think the last time I was in our church was for Tanya's funeral. Things have gotten tough and tight in our house and I definitely needed a little prayer. I was really surprised because Cassie behaved herself, as much as a two and a half year old can behave anyway, and Jessie just slept through the whole thing.

After mass I spoke with the priest so that we could set up a time and date to have Jessie Baptised(sp). I think we are going to do it on the 6th of March as long as Lent isn't a problem. The priest was thinking that they can't hold baptisms, weddings, and confirmations during Lent. He was going to check on it and then call me Tuesday to let me know. I didn't know it, but when we were in the hospital and word got to my mom in Same Day Surgery that they may had to have Jessie sent to a different hospital my mom told one of the nurses to baptize Jessie before they sent her off (cause you never know what will happen) and not to tell me about it so I wouldn't get more upset than I already was. Thanks mom for looking out for Jessie and I like that.

Darren and I still haven't decided on God Parents either. April and Kevin are really the only close Catholic friends that we have and they are Cassie's God Parents and we can't think of anyone for Jessie. Members from either side of our family can do it as long as they are Catholic. Darren was upset by this because he doesn't understand why the God Parents have to be Catholic. I tried to explain that because I am Catholic and since we are raising the kids Catholic the God Parents need to be Catholic cause if the God Child has any questions concerning his/her Catholic faith then they have someone to talk to about it if they feel that they can't go to their parents or feel like their parents didn't answer it good enough for them. I told him I was sorry but a Mormon or Lutheran can't answer questions about the Catholic faith. It's complicated and for some reason that is how the Catholic church likes things. I may ask the priest and see if just one can be Catholic then that way Darren and I can each pick somebody. Darren couldn't think of anyone from his side of strong Catholic faith. I had a few suggestions for some of my cousins, aunts and uncles and such but Darren didn't seem to impressed but we need to have people chosen by tomorrow when the priest calls. If anyone can post and explain the whole God Parent/God Child thing better please feel free because I don't even know if I have it so that people can understand it.

Curtis Broden also caught up with me after church and told me that his wife had some stuff for Cassie and the baby at their house so my mom, I, and the girls went over to Broden's for a little bit. Marcie held the baby for a while and Cassie just played with Tiffany's cat Dexter. We didn't stay too long, Cassie had an accident so we went to my mom's house to change her into dry clothes then Jessie got hungry so I fed her while we were there. I don't think that we got home until 2 pm...much later than we normally get home after church.

I don't have too much planned for this week. I would like to get to Baby & I this Wednesday because MaryAnne will be gone next week. Someone is still going to be there to take MaryAnne's place but I would rather be there when MaryAnne's there so I haven't decided if I am going or not next week.

1 Comments:

  • At February 22, 2006 at 1:34 PM, Blogger KSoFM said…

    No, a Mormon or Lutheran cannot be godparents. They can be witnesses, but, according to the Vatican, both godparents have to be Catholics.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone