He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, September 05, 2005

MY WEEKEND

Saturday Darren had a truck load sale in the True Value parking lot in Harvey and he did really well. Also on Saturday I moved Tango over to my mom and dad's place and reintroduced him to the "herd". Cholla and Luna were a little rough with him at first, they we establishing their pecking order, but after a few hours they all settled down and are doing great. On Sunday Darren, Cassie, and I went to Rolla and helped Mike pack some stuff and helped him move the big stuff to his new apartment that he couldn't move by himself. It's a basement apartment and it's a little small but it's nice. The only down side was that we found a salamander in the spare bedroom. Hopefully that isn't a sign that he is going to have a problem with mice and other creatures and especially water in the spring when the snow melts. Mike is going to check out renters insurance cause he is probably going to need it in that place.

Monday was a pretty relaxing day. Cassie and I hung out around the house until about 4:30 and we went and to my mom and dad's. When we got there Cassie found a snake right away when she got out of the car. She really wanted to touch it bad but she wasn't sure about it. I think she chased that poor snake for a good 15 minutes. She tried to get me and Nana to touch it but there wasn't a chance in the world either of us were going to touch it. Then later in the evening around 8 pm we ran to Dairy Queen in Rugby. I got food to eat and Cassie got her chocolate ice cream with sprinkles. Cassie wasn't too terribly hungry because she had a pancake at Nana's before we left for DQ.

Wednesday I have WIC and Early Head Start and on Thursday I have another doctors appointment. I am hoping to get an ultra sound set up too for this month, if not, it will just have to wait until next month. I am tempted to sneak a peak and what the baby might be, but then I would just be ruining it for myself too so I will have to tell the tech right away before the ultra sound that I don't want to know even if I beg him/her later.

The other night I went through the boy baby names in a baby name book that I bought at Books To Go. I found a few names that I like that I will have to run by Darren (I hope he likes at least one of them) and I am going to start checking the girl names tonight.

There is also a baby shower for my cousin and her new daughter this weekend in New York Mills, MN but that is such a long way to go and with the price of gas I can't afford it. I am going to pick her up a card and send something to her instead and hopefully she will get it in time for the shower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone