He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, August 25, 2005

A BUSY FRIDAY

Hey, I got a reply from KSoFM. I am glad that he's not dead, but he still hasn't posted anything for a while.

Today was my mom's birthday. I really didn't have the money to get her anything and I haven't gone to town in a while so I am going to have to pick something up for her later. I did go over and see her and I baked some cookies while I was there.

Tomorrow Billy and AJ are going to come over and visit while Billy's car is getting work done at the Cenex here. That will give us time to "girl talk" and let the kids play before we go our separate ways in the afternoon. After Cassie's nap I need to take the truck into town cause they have decided to move grandma tomorrow instead of Saturday cause Saturday doesn't work for everyone now. At the same time I can pick up a bed for Mike, load it in Darren's truck and then Darren can take the bed to Mike when Darren helps Mike move on Saturday. Darren wants us to go too so I suppose we are going to end up taking both the truck and the car. Thank God the car gets 35 miles to a gallon.

Darren is hoping to get to Rugby sometime this weekend to get some plywood so that we can start working on the outside of our house. Everyone who has been out here knows how shitty the outside is so we have decided to do something about it sooner than later. We are going to replace the bad pieces of sheet siding with plywood and then we are going to Ty-Vek it and then put the good vinyl siding on over that. I am hoping that will help with the heat bill too. Eventually I would like to add a deck and a privacy fence so that I can sit and read while Cassie and the dog play and I don't have to worry about them getting into traffic. Realistically there is only so much we can do before winter, I just hope we can get the siding done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone