He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A FIRE AND A CLASS REUNION

After lounging around the house all day doing nothing, when Cassie got up from her 3 hour nap we went to my folks place to see what was going on. We weren't there too long and the fire whistle blew so my dad raced out of the yard since he's a volunteer fire fighter for Leeds. He got back about 2 1/2 hours after he left and said that it was a quonset fire. I local farmer, Dale Elverude, was working on his tractor in his quonset and there was some gas that leaked on the floor and a spark from the tractor battery caught the gas on fire. Dad said amazingly the only thing that was lost was the tractor, they were able to save the quonset.

While I was there my brother called and wanted to know if Darren and I could help him move on Sunday. I wasn't sure if Darren wanted to do that or not so I called Darren's cell phone and left a message for him to call Mike. Mike called back and told my mom that he spoke to Darren and that Darren wanted to go up to Willow City on Saturday after he's done with work, spend the night, and then we could head to Rolla from Willow. I had no clue he wanted to go to Willow. He has a class reunion but over the weekend he said that there really wasn't anyone he wanted to talk to but one guy from his class and that they girls were prissy so he didn't want to go. Besides, the thing that is going on Saturday evening is a bonfire at someone's farm. If I wasn't pregnant, that would be a lot of fun, but at this stage I am not in the mood to sit around in smoke while he chats with people that I do not know at all while they all drink....and just because I am pregnant does not automatically designate me as the DD either. I will be extremely pissed if someone ever drags me along thinking "hey, she can't drink so it won't be a problem. She can be our DD" WRONG!!! Also, this bonfire isn't until the evening and Cassie's bedtime is 8:30. Darren isn't going to get home until 6 pm on Saturday and I am sure he is going to want to shower and eat before we leave. He can go, but I don't think Cassie and I will. We can just plan on meeting him up in Rolla on Sunday....and the trailer we are taking to help move Mikes stuff doesn't have lights so Darren can't take it after dark anyway. I am hoping that Darren tells me that he is planning this before the day he comes home.

6 Comments:

  • At August 30, 2005 at 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Back to school article on homeschoolers becomes a defense of homeschooling
    We've been talking on and off what back to school means for those of us who homeschool our kids , and what it means for the kids themselves.
    gucci handbag Terrific Gifts for Spring and Summer. Many Styles! Shop from our VAST COLLECTION of Handbags today! gucci handbag

     
  • At August 30, 2005 at 11:50 PM, Blogger Lizzie said…

    I came across your blog and just wanted to say "hi" to let you know I stopped in. Wow, I can't believe the population of your town is 25! I guess you know everyone. It must be like an extended family.

     
  • At August 30, 2005 at 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ford Iosis Concept
    This is Ford concept is set to debut at the Frankfurt show in September. It's hard to believe this is a Ford, but if you look at previous concepts, like the Ford SAV, you can see the new direction their design ...
    Your blog looks cool! Hey, would you like to visit my website? It's about fundraising games. Let me know what you think.

     
  • At August 31, 2005 at 6:48 PM, Blogger BoneDaddy said…

    Wow. I can't wait for the random telepathic transmissions of these ads in the future.
    When you were talking about being a DD, I thought at first, well, you can't drink, so why are you arguing? But then I realized what you were actually saying, that they just assumed you'd come along and be stuck with them for the night while they do drink.

     
  • At August 31, 2005 at 8:14 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Bingo Doug, and you have to admit that it's not that fun if you are the only one not drinking because then they just become annoying and I know I would be tempted to push someone's drunk ass out of the car.

     
  • At August 31, 2005 at 10:38 PM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    I agree 100% Janelle. Being pregnant is definitely nooooo fun around drunk people...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone