He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

NO MORE GRANDMA AND FINALLY GOOD WATER

My mom and I got a surprise when my Aunt showed up. My aunt said that when she left back for Fargo that she would just take Grandma with her and then bring her back on Saturday when everyone gets together to move the rest of her things to her new place in assisted living. My mom and I were relieved when my said this because now we both can clean up our own places a little bit so as far as I know, I am done taking care of my Grandma. I probably have a days worth of cleaning here at my own place but I should get it all done today so I have the rest of the week to just relax and play with Cassidy.

My mom took my dad, Cassidy, and I out to eat last night and when we drove past York we could see the backhoe for the rural water crew close to our house, which really excited me and gave me a good feeling. When Cassidy and I finally came home I was surprised to see that they had the entire main line already in all the past our house and down to the elevator and the backhoe was now in our yard right in front of the house ready to start digging up our yard bright and early in the morning, good feeling gone. At 6:30 this morning they fired that sucker up and it took them about 40 minutes from start to finish. I was worried cause they were right in front of Cassidy's bedroom window but I never heard a peep from her and she must have slept right through it...I wish I would have. But now all I have to do is find a water service company to connect the water to the house and I will have my water when it comes through the main line. Since we are right off a main line I am thinking that our water pressure should be pretty good. After Cassidy woke up and had her breakfast we went out to check out the damage. They totally destroyed my east ditch along the pasture but it didn't bother me cause it was damn steep and I always hated to mow it, now it's level and I don't have to worry about mowing anymore. They lawn in front of the house isn't too bad until you get to the west side of the lawn. I also noticed that they filled in the ravine that drains the slew behind our house. That may cause some of our pasture to flood in the spring when the slew thaws (but it's not going to flood as bad as the pasture behind us that "the man" isn't going to let us use anymore so that made me smile. And the water company had to fill in that ravine because they had to put the main line right through it. So we will wait and see what spring brings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone