He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

WE MAY NO LONGER HAVE A BARN

The guy that we rent the north half of the pasture from which has a barn was up at the barn Friday last week so Darren ran up there to talk to him. I guess the guy thought the pressure pump was going out on the water tank and he was up there digging around the tank to bring the pressure tank above ground to work on it. Darren asked when we could open up the gate that divides our two pastures and let the horses in to eat the grass. Well the guy said he wasn't sure because now he is thinking of putting sheep up there. I guess he has a friend that is having problems with the state and the state told him to clean up his yard and get rid of some of the animals so he was going to bring his friends sheep over here. That would suck because we do need the barn because we don't personally own one and all my riding equipment and stuff is in the barn and I would be fighting sheep to get in the barn. Also, it would make it more difficult to saddle my horse and take a ride without the hitching post. I think the guy just doesn't want us using his barn anymore and just doesn't want to come right out and say it. My dad was expecting something like this because we have had issues with the man in the past. I just don't want the sheep to be a problem for us. I would hate for one of the sheep to get loose into our pasture and have one of the horses to hurt it or stomp it to death. I know where there are a couple of old buildings laying around so I will have to call the people who own them and see what we come up with. Hopefully I will be able to find something before winter otherwise I don't know what I am going to do for shelter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone