He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, April 14, 2005

THE SECRETARY AT GPFF CAN EAT SHIT AND DIE FOR ALL I CARE

If the job at the pasta plant in Leeds wasn't so convenient I'd quit. I was doing FedEx and I couldn't get an order into a box that I had on hand. I asked the day crew Supervisor if she could have one of the guys make me a box to put it in. Nobody really had the time to make me any boxes so the Super found a couple of boxes that I could split the order between. Because she is the Super, I followed her instructions. When I was done and had the weight for all my FedEx orders I called the weight up to the secretary so she could print me out shipping labels. Not even 5 minutes after I called up to her, she came down stairs and asked why there was two boxes for an order. I explained what the situation was and she just basically stuck her nose in the air and said "No, with the prices of FedEx going up and the expensive cost of dry ice, we are trying to cut expenses so this has to go out in one box." She found the Super and told her that I needed another box because two boxes were unacceptable. This pissed the Super off. The Super found someone to do it and the super brought the boxes to me. The Super and I shared the same opinion...The two boxes would have worked, the plant doesn't' even pay for the FedEx charge anyway, it's the receiving party that has to pay FedEx so the secretary would have to do is explain to them there was a rise in FedEx costs...Done deal. Oh, well, I didn't want to argue with the secretary anyway so I just did it without a word. After FedEx I had to put some kits together for an order to go out on a semi truck on Monday, 160 kits to be exact, but when I went to get boxes for the kits there were only 54 boxes. I found the shipping/receiving clerk and asked him if any kit boxes came in and he said no and that the secretary (who does all the ordering for the plant too) came to him earlier this week to check if we had any kit boxes. He said that I should ask her when they were going to be in because he didn't know. So I called upstairs to the secretary and I told her about the boxes and she gave me this smart assed attitude "I didn't know you were out of boxes" and when I asked her about them coming in she said "I don't know when they will be here". Bullshit she didn't, the clerk just said she was checking on them earlier. I didn't fight with her, I just told her I would do the 54 boxes and the rest would have to wait. She asked me, for the very first time, if I needed anything else so I said that I just ran out of brown packing paper and some more clear bags would be nice. She said okay and hung up. I got all the boxes that I had available filled and went to lunch. Not 15 minutes after I got back from lunch the Super came and told me that kit boxes just came in on the truck. I told her to have the clerk bring them in with the forklift and I would finish the remaining kits. This really pissed me off because there is absolutely positively no way the secretary could not have known I was out of boxes....and she knew they were coming in today because she had a schedule of all the delivery trucks coming to the plant that day but she said she didn't have a clue. I vented out to a bunch of co-workers and they told me that is just how she is. She screws up all the time but she tries to pin it on someone else so that she doesn't get in trouble. And then what really gets me is that when I went to put stuff away, sitting on my FedEx table was two rolls of brown packing paper, four boxes of clear bags, and six little boxes of sample kit baggies. You know she didn't call a company half way across the nation and get those in two hours. She already preordered this shit earlier in the week but she still had the balls to ask me if I needed anything else!!! Also in order to finish most of the cases I had to take a product from a different label (same thing, only a different name on the bag) and use it in the kit boxes. I just tore the name labels off so nobody would know. I had to take 25 of them. The secretary keeps a daily count of what I use, throw away, what goes to waste, ect. I told her I had to use 25 Roseli and use them for the Zalvina. Know, all she had to do was subtract 25 from the Roseli count and she would have had it....but she didn't understand it and she wanted to know why I couldn't stay longer to finish the kits that didn't get done. It was ten after four and I pick Cassie up at four from the sitter and the sitter has this rule where if a parent is late with little or without notice, she charges and extra $5 per half hour. Also, Darren was coming to work around four thirty and my mom wasn't home so I had nobody to pick her up. Then she says "well **CEOs name** talked to **manager's name** because he is worried about the kits getting out so the day crew is going to put kits together Monday". Okay, so if people are doing them Monday, why are you arguing about me picking up my daughter from day and staying to finish kits?!? She said she was confused about the product I took and she came down to talk to me about it. I took her sheets and literally showed her what to do so her numbers wouldn't get screwed up. She looked and me and said the CEO "doesn't want our inventory played around with and he said never do it again". With the way the day was going, I was thinking to myself "No, he didn't say that because of the numbers, he said that so you wouldn't get confused on an easy math problem that a third grader could have figured out YOU FRICKEN IDIOT!!!" I bit my tongue, punched out, went to the locker room to get my stuff and then the Super met me at the locker door and asked how may items of product I took because the secretary needed to know. I rolled my eyes, sternly said 25 and I walked out the door. I have never been so happy for a day of work to end so damn bad!! I was fighting the witch all day. I didn't think a secretary could be such a pain in the ass. I don't know if I did something previously to piss her off or what. She is definitely on my Shit List.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone