He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

MY LITTLE BIG GIRL

I am so proud of Cassie. Today we went outside for an hour and a half and she loved it. She explored everything, left no stone unturned...literally. She found that her jacket had pockets that were just perfect for fist fulls of rocks that she was collecting from the gravel pile in our yard that is supposed to be spread out on the drive way. I swear she was 15 lbs heavier when I brought her inside. When she took her nap I emptied her jacket outside and I think 10 little stones fell out. She felt the wet grass from the rain, dug in the damp sand, even tried to carry around mud from the drive way. She marched around the yard banging a perfect Cassie-size stick on a rock and hollered for the dog when he got too far from her. It's amazing that she can say "Tucker" clear as a bell. I almost want to cry when she shouts "Tucker, Tucker, Tucker". It's really hard to believe how big she has become and how she enjoys the "new" things. It's not going to be too long and I am going to be packing her lunch and driving her to kindergarten. I don't want to believe myself when I think of how close to 2 she is. They don't stay little long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone