He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, April 10, 2005

WHOLE LOT OF FENCING GOING ON

Saturday I had to run to Gibben's Vet Service in Cando to get some breathing meds for my horse. When I was there she said that if Tango was acting like that he probably is ready to be gelded. I can bring him to Cando and she will check for the testicles and if they are there she will keep him and geld him. When I got back from Cando, I went to my mom's and started fencing some of their pasture. There wasn't a whole lot of fence that I had to put up but after pounding 11 posts and hanging 1 string of wire, I had to wait until Darren got back from his motorcycle ride so he could help me with the other 2 strings. The spool of wire was so heavy and it banged against my legs when I was unrolling it and I have 12 black and blue marks the size of quarters on my legs. My legs look awful. Then I got some broken wire fixed and I am waiting for the ground to unthaw so that I can push up a corner post that bent over and then I can tighten the wire in that corner and it is all ready for horses. I am going to take Tango and Luna over there first and keep Cholla here so I can fatten Cholla up with some sweetfeed and oats. I hope to get Tango to the vet next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone