He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, February 04, 2005

Cassidy Has The Flu

My daycare provider called me Thursday right before I was going to get Cassidy. There were a couple of kids that started to throw up and Cassidy was still taking a nap and the lady wanted me to get Cassidy so that she wouldn't get sick. Problem is, when they are throwing up the kids already have it and have exposed the other kids to it for who knows how long. Tonight when I was trying to give Cassidy her snack before bed she started to vomit. I thought it was just going to be one of those "one time" spit-ups and I put her in the bathtub for her nightly dip. When we got done I put her on the changing table to put on her lotion, onesie, and pajamas and then she threw up again. I caught most of it in her towel and there was only a little bit on herself so I was able to wipe it with a diaper wipe. Just for an extra measure I put Cassidy in a big bib that we got from Darren's grandma and it wasn't long before she did it again this time she filled her diaper too. The longest she has gone with out hurling has been a half hour so I am going to stay up with her in the living room and we are going to lounge in the lazyboy recliner. I feel really bad because there isn't anything that we can give her to make her feel better and what makes me mad is that she has had all her flu shots. Darren has her now while I grab a last snack and something to drink, she has thrown up three times since I gave her to him 15 minutes ago. I am hoping around midnight or one she will be done throwing up. This is one thing I hate about daycare, they will always bring some sickness home with them. I better run. I need to get back to Cassidy and Darren has to change his shirt.

2 Comments:

  • At February 5, 2005 at 12:10 AM, Blogger Karissa (mommy) said…

    Sorry that Cassidy has the flu. I'm surprised that she's sick even though she's had her shots. Although I've heard that the flu shot doesn't necessarily work because the doctors (or whatever) are only predicting what the strain of flu will be for the year and they aren't always correct. Has she been sick like this before? How worried are you? I'm not trying to make the situation worse, but Isabella hasn't had any real sickness, not even a cold, and so I'm nervous for the first time I have to deal with something. I'm the kind of person that will want to rush her to the emergency room if she sneezes the wrong way. Sometimes I think it would be better for Isabella to be at daycare so she could catch the colds and flu that other kids have. I mean that way they build up their immune systems and tolerance to sickness. With Isabella just being with me all day she can only really catch something from me. Which I've had a flu shot(which sucked ass big time), and so I probably can't get too sick. I hope she gets better real quick, and you guys get some sleep. At least kids are resilient (s/p?).

     
  • At February 6, 2005 at 3:57 AM, Blogger Josie, group organizer said…

    Well hopefully she feels better soon! Yeah the flu epidemic is getting ugly. It's even in the papers.There are so many strains and the strains are getting too hard to keep up with because a few germs survive and become resistant to everything. It's kinda scary how many different things have this sudden super strain. Both Amadon and I have the flu. I'm sure Case will have it too. That is a huge con of daycare.Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone