He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, January 24, 2005

My W2 is Messed Up

I haven't posted for a couple of days because my computer is on the fritz and a buddie of Darren's is working on it. My computer still isn't running right so I decided to go to my parents and use their computer so I could post.

The worst possible thing that can happen around tax time is that my employer screwed up my W2. When I got it, Darren pointed out that this year they didn't take any State or Federal taxes out. I haven't had this problem before and last year they did take the taxes out. I didn't change my W4 when I went back to work. The only thing that changed was that I went from part-time Sanitation to part-time production. The only difference is about $2 less in pay. Since I didn't have to change my W4 I just assumed that everything was alright on my paychecks and I never noticed that they weren't withholding any taxes. I brought it up to the lady in payroll and she is checking on it. She told me that this should not have happened and she apologized for it but said that there wasn't anything that she could do now about it. Since I think this is their problem and not mine, if I have to pay in because of this mistake I am going to tell my employer that I want them to pay me for what I have to pay in. I don't care if they add the money to one of my paychecks or what, but one way or the other, they are reimbursing me for this mistake.

On the plus side, Cassidy has learned how to crawl up on the furniture by herself without any help...okay, I'm not sure if this is a plus side or not, but it's really cute to watch her lift her leg up to her ear to get up on the couch.

If it's nice out the next couple of days. I am going to take Cassidy out sledding with her brand new sled that she got from Santa Clause for Christmas. I will post the pics when we go sledding...it should be lots of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone