He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Sunday, January 30, 2005

{Give Me Long Beautiful Hair

At Cassidy's hair appointment, the only thing I could allow myself to let the beautician cut was her bangs and a little peak in the back that came out like a duck tale. I think my mom was a little disappointed, but that's all I could do. I kept the hair and I have in an envelope. I am going to put it inside this cute little picture carousel box that Cassidy's godparent (Kevin and April) gave us at her baptism. I have been putting every momento inside. If you open it, you will find her birth tag from her ankle, my wrist band, her first lock of hair, cards and trinkets from the balloons and cards we got while in the hospital, her ID tag from her PE Tube surgery...and many other odds and ends. I don't know why I keep them but I do.

Darren, Mike, and Darren's cousin Jeff went to the Firemens Icefishing Tourney in DL. They had fun but neither of them caught any fish. I was my brother's first time ever icefishing and he said that he enjoyed it and will probably come back from Virginia to do it again. I was hoping that at least one of them would win something. I can't imagine how boring it would be to sit on the ice and not catch a single fish for three hours.

I am waiting for a neighbor to have her baby. I think she my have had it lastnight or early today. When I went home lastnight all the lights were off in their house and when I went to work at 7 this morning, there still wasn't any lights on and they normally are when I drive by. I saw her husband standing outside of the Implement store when I came home and he and his dad were standing around the truck looking at something...I wonder if he had pics with him from the birth, but it could be something totally not related either but she is overdue and I wouldn't be surprised if she did have the baby.

Darren started new meds for his back pain. The first day they really kicked his butt. He was so drugged that he stayed home from work. We also found out today that one of Darren's aunts has cancer. We don't know how bad it is because she just found out from her dr today and they are going to run some tests to see how extensive it is and what kind of treatment they should go for. Darren and his Dad are really depressed about the whole thing.

1 Comments:

  • At February 1, 2005 at 6:24 PM, Blogger April said…

    I'm glad to hear you are making good use of the gift we gave you, I love that box, it was just too cute to pass up. I'm sorry to hear about Darren's aunt, cancer sucks A LOT, but with today's technology, she has a greater chance of beating it and coming out very healthy, just keep that in mind.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone