He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

A Redneck Family or Are We Just Bored?!?

Okay, this is how redneck my family is and just because of this I just have to share the story: When I went to my parents house after work my dad was laughing and he just had to tell me a story about their house cat Sam. Now Sam isn't a pretty cat, infact, her ugliness is inferior to any tom cat I have seen. Her intelligence is there some of the time. Apparently Sam had to use the bathroom so my dad let her outside since she refuses to use the litterbox unless she has been inside for three straight days. For some God Forsaken reason my father decided to watch Sam as she made her path through the snow to find a good place to squat. She tried may places in the yard, however, with the warm day that we were having she was finding it hard as for the snow would not support her weight and everytime she tried to do her business she fell through the snow. Finally, fed up with repeated attempts to "dig & bury" Sam ran to the first solid spot she came upon under a tree in the back yard and quickly plopped a turd and ran back to the house without burial. I can't figure out what was funnier, the cat or my dad gasping for air while trying to finish the story. But I have to admit, I laughed too. Stupid Cat.

2 Comments:

  • At February 2, 2005 at 11:17 PM, Blogger Josie, group organizer said…

    I saw your mom for the first time. As soon as she started talking you could tell she was your mom. The tone, hand movements, everything. I wonder if that's genetic or it's from being raised in that environment that does it. Cats do the strangest things though.

     
  • At February 3, 2005 at 1:28 AM, Blogger April said…

    I can totally see your dad laughing as his face turns bright red and then purple. It is hilarious that he even watched and laughed...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone