He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, May 01, 2010

THINGS ARE LOOKIN UP

My dad's car has been running pretty good, but the fuel pump doesn't work right. I haven't taken the car on long trips just in case something should go wrong. I cannot wait to have my car fixed and get it back. I miss it.

Last week I applied for a job at the hog farm in Cando. The same day I handed in my application, I was given a tour of the barns and all the facilities. It's a pretty big place. They currently have about 40,000 pigs and there is 6,000 pigs in each barn. They deliver 450 to 500 piglets a day! I started job shadowing on Friday and it was pretty good. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting.....in a good way. I got to help feed, tag, vaccinate, and deliver pigs. The day flew by fast and I learned so much about pigs in 6 hours then I ever have known before. All the stuff I thought I knew about pigs and the new stuff I learned was almost ridiculous, but I did enjoy it. I will finish job shadowing on Tuesday. When I finish work on Tuesday, I and the manager of the barn I have been working in will discuss how I like the main functions of the barn and where I fit in best at. It sounds like he wants me to do most of the data entry work in the office and help out two or three days a week inside the barn. However, they start work at 7 am and my daycare doesn't open until 7. We will have to see if they are willing to let me work around my daycare hours. If not, I won't be able to take the job...if they do, then I am all for staying working there. So far, they have been allowing me to show up at 8 o'clock for the job shadowing.

On Monday, the kittens will be six weeks old. They have started to eat dry cat food, drinking water, and using the litter box. I think I am going to keep them for about another week and then give them to their new homes. One of my friends in Leeds wants one, and "home of the pillow fish" is getting the other three. I think the kittens are adorable, but I cannot wait for them to be gone. I am definitely a one-cat-woman.

Today my mom and I took the girls to the Just For Kix Spring dance show in Devils Lake. It was really cute to see all the little kids dancing their routines. I also discovered that a lot of people that we know have children in Just For Kix. My girls want to start going to Just For Kix, but it's very expensive. I will have to think about it. One thing that I feel bad about being a single parent, is that my girls miss out on a lot of those fun activities because I do not have the money for it. I wish I could be able to pay for dancing, Clover Buds, camps, etc...but I can't. I hate thinking about how my girls have to miss out on those kinds of things. I almost started crying today at the Just For Kix show when Jessie looked at me and said, "Mommy, I really want to dance." Hopefully, someday, I will be able to say yes without having to worry about where the money is going to come from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone