He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, March 15, 2010

A GOOD WEEKEND

Today was the first day that we have seen the sun here in at least a week. The weather was wonderful, and it's starting to feel a little more like Spring. Lets hope it stays this way for a while. The girls have been able to burn off some cabin fever, which has made things easier for me, and bedtime goes a lot smoother.

On Saturday, Rainy invited me for a Girls Night Out with her and a couple of friends from Devils Lake. We had a really good time and it helped me get my mind of things, vent, and we were there to support each other in a lot of things. We also did a lot of story sharing and laughing. I haven't been out with the girls in a VERY long time. It was defiantly over due and well needed. Great girlfriends are wonderful to have.

Things have been going well. As Verety disconnects service to the McDonald's chains, I worry about unemployment coming sooner than May 12th. As there become less and less stores to take orders for, they will not need all 259 employees. I am scared that one day I will sit down for my shift and my computer access to Verety will be shut off. I pray that nothing happens until something new has come along.

I started to saddle break my black/white blanket appaloosa. He is coming along pretty good and isn't too saddle shy. He still has a problem with the passing semis and trucks when I am leading him up and down the road with the saddle on. In time, he should become used to all the vehicles. The last think I want is for him to be spooky around them when I try to get on him. That would only lead to one really bad outcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone