He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

LUNA HAS A NEW HOME

Brent and Bryce, the twin sons of the gentleman who bought Luna, showed up yesterday at 6pm to get Luna. They didn't stay very long, they had another horse to pick from a friend in Devils Lake on their way back to Adams. Also, my girls were home and outside playing when the twins arrived, so they saw Luna go. The poor little girls were crushed and didn't want Luna to go yet. Neither did I, but I knew that if the twins didn't take her when they did, I wouldn't have been able to let go of her at all.

I haven't broke down too much about it yet. I know what I did was the right thing for her and that the Vigens will give her a great home, but it still hurts. Luna was a huge piece of my childhood growing up, and I feel like I just gave away my childhood and every great memory that went with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone