He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

AND THE SEARCH CONTINUES....AGAIN

Today when I got to work, there was an email from my supervisor in my inbox. I assumed that it was the weekly report of how my scores were on monitoring. I am proud of myself. I have been going on 5 straight weeks in a row with 100% scores. I was horrified to discover that instead of scores, it was a Dear John letter from the Verety company that was sent out to everyone (managers, supervisors, agents,...everyone) at 10 o'clock this morning.

The letter started out by saying that they made a decision to close the Verety business. For sometime, management had been carefully viewing other options, but this was their only choice and has nothing to do with our performance. Given the circumstances, Verety must be closed in the next 60 days. Which gives me, roughly, until May 12th to find another job.

I am going to stay with Verety up till the end. In the meantime, I am going to be putting in applications and searching for a new job. I have to find a job that is going to pay me well enough to be able to afford my daycare, fuel in my car if I have to drive a long distance, and my monthly bills. If I cannot find something, I am even thinking about putting harder thought into moving if I have to. That means selling the two remaining horses, giving up my home, and moving away from my parents....and if I move, I am going to MOVE. I refuse to move back to Devils Lake and I cannot see myself ever living in a big town such as Fargo or Bismarck. I have always wanted to live in Montana.

However, this are not decisions that I will be making overnight. They are something I have to give extreme thought to. But, if I want to move, there will be no better time than after Verety closes and Cassidy is finished with Kindergarten.

3 Comments:

  • At March 9, 2010 at 10:51 PM, Blogger Anita Van Hal said…

    Hey Janelle! I'm a fellow Verety employee...boy, you've had a rough week! Hope you're able to find a job too...hang in there! Hugs!

     
  • At March 10, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Janelle! Just discovered this site yesterday. Not encouraging you to move, but if you need to Williston is booming right now. You could get an awesome paying job tomorrow if you wanted. I have family there and hear often about 'the surge'. Close to MT like you said you wanted. ;) Anyways cool site. Have a great day - from the home of the pillow fish.

     
  • At March 10, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Anita - Thank so much. I think it was a blow to all of us. Fortunately, I am stubborn, so I refuse to give up and roll over. There is always another way if one looks hard enough.

    Anonymous - I had to laugh at your closing. I got it right away. I was just asked by Cassidy the other day if she could go over again to play the game. We just may have to make a Pillow Fish date. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone