He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, April 15, 2010

THE HECKLING CONTINUES...

I was on my way home after work today and my truck engine started to make a loud ticking sound with every rotation. I slowed down to about 40 miles per hour and drove it to Cenex so the mechanic could listen to it. The mechanic gave me a really bad look when he heard the engine. He said the sound IS a rod getting ready to give out. He told me to go home and park it, because it will not make another trip to Leeds and back without leaving me stranded on the road. Just what I didn't want to hear. The engine in my truck is hard to come across if I wanted to find a used engine and put it in the truck. The current engine might be repairable, but he will have to pull the engine out, check/replace the rod, then check the crank shaft to make sure there isn't any damage to that. He said the parts are not all that expensive, but the labor will be horrible. Now I have to decide if it's worth saving or not. However, since I live on a mini-farm and have horses, I don't see how I cannot go without my truck. Damn it anyway.

In the span of two days, I have lost both vehicles. Now I don't have anything to drive. My parents have a vehicle that I may be able to use, but it can't go long distances and there are still problems with that vehicle that haven't been worked out yet. I could at least use it to go back and forth to work, but nothing else. I don't want to have that car bomb out on me either, and the way things are going, there is a great possibility of that happening.

The ONLY thing left that could go wrong is something with the house. I have been praying more now than any other time I can remember, hoping that everything will work out okay. I am a struggling single mother of two wonderful little girls who can just barely pay the bills and take care of my children's needs. I don't know how much more stress and pressure of life I can take. I am getting ready to toss in the towel.

I am sure it will all workout in time, but I would just like all the bad stuff to end. Right now would work just fine for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone