He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

OUT AND ABOUT

Yesterday I got a phone call from one of our neighbors. They heard we had kittens and would like all of them for farm cats out at their place. I told them that one person in Leeds wants one of them, but I would be glad to give them the rest of the kittens if they wanted them. It will be a few more weeks yet until they are ready to go. Our neighbor also invited the girls over to play, which was very nice. The girls have wanted to go over there to play with their boys for a while, but I have been so caught up with everything else going on, I haven't had the time to call them. The children played well and the girls were able to feed their ponies and look at their elk. I really enjoyed it too. It was nice to be able to sit and watch the girls play while having adult conversation...something I rarely get now days outside of work.

When we were leaving our neighbors, I noticed the car had a very flat tire in the front. My neighbors husband tried to fill it with air, but there was a hole in the tire that was letting out the air almost as fast as he was putting it in. Thankfully, he was nice enough to put the spare tire on so I could at least drive it home. I called Cenex this morning, and they put two new tires on the front and brought it back to my house before I had to leave for work. I am hoping this is the only car problem I have this summer.

This afternoon after Cassidy got home from school, I took the girls into Devils Lake to the theater. They wanted to see How To Train Your Dragon and today was the last showing. I love doing things with my girls, and lately I have been so busy that we haven't had time for extra stuff. I am starting to feel bad because I cannot spend as much time with Cassidy and Jessie that I would like to. I really miss being able to stay home with them. I thought taking time to go to the show would be a wonderful treat for them. The girls really liked it and it was better than I thought it would be, but if anyone else out there has been thinking of going to it, wait until it comes out on video.

I have been able to work with my horses a little bit the last few days. They are coming around pretty good. I was able to catch, saddle, and ride my sorrel gelding without many problems. I still have some problems with the appaloosa, but he does let me touch him and I was able to saddle him yesterday. He still hates vehicles with a passion. He jumps and will start bucking when one passes. I may have to have someone else finish break him for me. I will have to call a few people and see who I can find to do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone