He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, October 15, 2009

HEAT, PARTIES, AND AN OLD HORSE

Klemetsruds Plumbing and Heating was here yesterday morning and installed my new furnace. It's nice to know that I have a furnace that will not crap out on me anymore....knock on wood!

Cassidy's birthday party is Saturday. She picked out a Littlest Petshop birthday cake last week. It should be arriving at the grocery store today, so I will have to pick it up before work. Yesterday, after the furnace was installed, I went to Devils Lake and bought party stuff, a set of Littlest Petshop animals, and some new dress up shoes for Cassidy. I also bought her a brand new snow outfit complete with a jacket, snow pants, and boots. She really needed it. She is getting so tall, that she outgrows everything super fast.

I got a call last night from the lady I got my hay from. She is trying to get her place ready for her son's confirmation party, but she has been so busy, that she is falling behind on everything and wanted to know if I would come out to her farm and help her this Sunday after lunch to get everything ready for the confirmation party. I feel really good when I can help those who have helped me when I have needed it, so I told her that I would be there.

We had a lot of snowfall here yesterday. We were in a winter weather advisory until 7 this morning. I hope it goes away and we have a nice weekend. I really wasn't prepared for the snow to come so soon. I still have my pool up (but the water is out of it), there are kid toys in the yard, my picnic tables still need to be set away, and there are other little odds and ends that I have to find a place in the garage for. I also need to clean out my garage so I can try and park my car in it this winter.

All four horses seem to be doing okay right now, except for my mom's leopard appaloosa mare; Choya. I am pretty sure her days are being numbered. She it completely blind now. She runs into everything, and has bounced off my fence at least six times since coming home. She doesn't really move around the pasture on her own. My big sorrel mare guides her and pushes her where she needs to be. Also, her chewing is getting poor. It's going to be very tough for her to eat the hay this winter, and I absolutely cannot afford to have special hay grind for her. I have talked to the girls, and have explained that everything lives for a while and then dies. Choys ia old for a horse. She is in her 30's and has had a very good life with us. They don't like to talk about Choya dying, but they know it's going to happen. Whether we put her down, or she dies before we do that, I know the girls are going to be very sad and miss her a lot. Choya is Jessie's favorite horse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone