He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Friday, October 02, 2009

A TRYING TIME

The light at the end of the tunnel on life has been flickering pretty good lately. The saying goes, "If God leads you to it, He will see you through it." I have been saying many prayers and hoping that the phrase is correct. Last Thursday started things out with a bang. Well, not a bang, a good fight actually, that set the mood for the rest of the week. It was so ridiculous that I still cannot believe it, but real enough that my very best friend is still not speaking to me. Time will tell if pride can be swallowed and apologies can be made. I am tyring to keep positive. Nothing hurts worse then when a friend flips out and you don't understand why.

Saturday was my Grandma's 80th birthday party at the Good Samaritan Center in Devils Lake. A lot of family was able to make it, and it was good to see most of them. I ate, drank a lot of coffee, and enjoyed a piece of better cream cake that had some really hideous tasting purple frosting on it. Earlier that morning, I vented to Rainy about Thursdays event and she decided that I needed some cheering up. So, Rainy, her husband Jason, and their children came out to my house for a cook-out and bonfire after the birthday party. After eating good food off the grill, I took all the kids out for a horseback ride. Rainy got pics of all the children when they were riding....Rainy even got on my horse for a ride, and I cannot remember the last time she did that! When all the kids (and Rainy) were finished riding, Jason took off on my horse and rode for a little while. Later in the evening Brandie, her man-friend Eric, Will, my brother Mike, and my cousin Ethan showed up for the bonfire. We all shared a lot of stories and laughed pretty good. It was a great way to get my mind off of every thing going on.

Wednesday, after Cassie was in school and Jessie was at daycare, I was at home cleaning. I wasn't home for a half hour, when all of a sudden my furnace made the loudest, scariest noise I had ever heard. It sounded like someone was coming through the side of my house with a very large drill. It took me 10 seconds to realize it was coming from the furnace so I ran over and shut it off as my house was filling with the smell of burnt rubber. I waited 20 minutes and tried to turn it back on, but all it would do was hum for 5 seconds and then die. I made calls to everyone I knew to get space heaters. I was able to get two from a couple of friends. I have been using those and my oven to keep my house warm. I have to go through a Mickey Mouse system to get help with my furnace. Dakota Prairie Community Action in Devils Lake said I have to qualify for Fuel Assistance and they could help fix or even replace my furnace. I called Social Services and talked to my case worker. I got a FA application in the mail yesterday and ran over to Moller's Incorporated to fax it. It will take a few days for the application to be approved.....so, my furnace probably won't be touched until middle of next week. Until then, I am doing what I can to keep my place warm. If it ever stops raining, and the sun would shine, that would be a lot better too.

Yesterday, my daycare provider called. Jessie had a temp and I needed to get her to the doctor. I called my mom at the hospital, and she was able to get her into a doctor right away. Influenza test came back negative (thank god), but she did have swollen tonsils, and a temp of 101.6. Jessie was given an antibiotic, more albuterol for her nebulizer, and a steroid albuterol she takes at night for 5 nights. And, because of her temp, she cannot go to daycare until her fever stays down for two days without Tylenol....so, no work for me.

I will keep in touch and let you all know how everything goes. Wish me luck, I have to call Social Services today and see if they got my application for FA, and if they did, if it's possible to get it accepted today so I have heat soon. With my luck, I will run out of propane while running the stove for heat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone