He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, October 12, 2009

THINKING ABOUT SHUTTING HER DOWN

Four years ago, I started this blog so that friends and family could keep up with what I was doing, and to also share pictures of myself, children, family, pets, and stupid stuff that was going on for me on a day-to-day basis. Not that I thought anyone really gave a hoot, but it gave me something to do as a stay-at-home mother.

I was good at posting every day, even when nothing happened. I posted countless pictures of my girls, horses, and even one real plumbers crack that I even look up every now and then for a good laugh. I even learned how to put songs on my blog that helped reflect my mood.

I have shared a lot of things with all all of you in those four years. Humorous stories, sad ones, scary ones, every day things, and there was even the very rare "fight" between blogs.

I sit here now, contemplating over closing it down. Over the years, I have slacked at posting regularly, and there are only 4 people who really read this anyway. It's a great outsource for my thoughts and feelings when something is getting to me or I have something funny to tell. However, who wants to hear about the ordinary stuff since things don't change much for me anymore. Some people even expressed their disapproval of what I have posted.

So....I haven't made a complete decision on it, but I have thought about it. Has anyone else been thinking of doing the same?

4 Comments:

  • At October 12, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    don't shut it down. i bet many more people read it than you think. most definitely more than 4. i have been reading it since you started

     
  • At October 12, 2009 at 8:56 PM, Blogger Janelle said…

    Thank you. Where are you from?

     
  • At October 12, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Blogger tlawwife said…

    I understand your feelings as I have trouble writing as much now too. For me blogging is me writing for me and if no one reads it no big deal. I think that is why I don't comment a lot. I don't like comments just for the sake of commenting. I like ones that the person really has something to say. I enjoy reading your posts and seeing pictures of your girls growing up and you becoming more sure of yourself. I think you should do what is best for you. If you like to write occasionally for yourself and as a reminder then do so. If you feel like it is a burden stop. I will miss you though.

     
  • At October 13, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As I write this tears are streaming
    down my face.

    Don't forget that your Mom and Dad
    read it regulairly - - even tho we
    are quiet and don't make frequent
    coments.

    We also read April's stories and
    keep up with her work and family
    altho I bet she doesn't know that.

    Please don't leave your family in the dark. this is the only part
    of cyber space that we use. I don't want to learn any more - this
    is trouble enough to keep track of.

    I Love You and (my usual ending to
    any letter)_ Keep in Touch!! Mom

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone