He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, October 05, 2009

GIVE ME SOMETHING WARM

It has been almost a week since the furnace died. Since then, I have been using space heaters and my oven to keep the house warm. I must say, the heaters and oven are doing a pretty fair job at keep the house warm. I was contacted by Community Actions in Devils Lake this morning. Someone is coming out to take a look at the furnace and hopefully get it running, and then maybe replacing it down the line.

I am dissapointed that our fall has been so dreary and cold. I was hoping for some more nice warm weather before we had to worry about snow. Snow is in the forecast for tonight and this weekend. Yuck! I guess it's time to break out all the winter boots, hats, and mittens. Ready or not, it's coming.

Cassidy's birthday is Wednesday. She will be turning 6. Tomorrow evening I am going to bake some cupcakes so she has something to take to school. Their father has them this weekend, so we probably won't celebrate her birthday at my mom's house until next weekend. Which reminds me....if I don't want to make invitations this year, I need to get out and pick some up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone