He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, September 21, 2009

RAMBLING

Cassidy is really liking school. She comes home every day and shows me what they did in school, and she tells me about her day. I am happy that she is doing so well. Sometimes, she doesn't like to do her homework before she goes outside to play, but with some encouragement, we get it done together. I did get one phone call from the school last week. She got a little rough on the playground, and thought it was funny to throw rocks, name call, and depants some of the kids. It had been going on for a little bit and the teacher and principal of the elementary school tried to handle it without calling me, but she wasn't listening to them. I spoke to Cassidy about it and explained that it hurts peoples feelings when she does that. Nobody will want to play with her if she is mean, and her recesses will be taken away too. She promised me she wouldn't do it anymore, and so far, things have been going good on the playground and I have not gotten any more phone calls.

Cassidy also learned how to ride her bike last week without training wheels. We were at a friends house and all the kids were riding their bikes and she wanted to ride like them. When we got home, we got out her bike and I taught her how to ride it. In three days she was zipping around like a pro. Now, before bed, she likes to ride her bike down the dirt road and back. I almost cried one day watching her. I cannot believe how much she is growing. Pretty soon, she will be off doing her own thing and mom won't have to be around all the time. It makes me sad thinking about it.

Jessie is doing awesome. She is still a mommies girl. I can't do too much without her right behind me. It's okay, but sometimes it can be a bit much. She rides her trike and tries to keep up with Cassidy, but Cassidy moves too fast for her. Jessie really likes to ride our new horse, Mack. Jessie is definitely more "cowgirl" than Cassidy is. Jessie has already informed me she wants cowgirl boots and a hat to wear when she rides. I don't know if they make cowboy hats that small.....and if they do, I am sure they are not cheap. I may have to save that for a Christmas or Birthday gift.

My job is starting to pick up, so I am getting a lot more hours than I used to. Sometimes I was luck to break 6 hours a week. Now, I am working about 23 hours a week. I hope the hours continue to pick up. Other than that, I try to get out and ride horse every day. Now that both the girls and bigger, and I have time after work before they need to be picked up from daycare, I find a lot more time to ride. I have really missed that since having the girls. It will be nice when both Cassidy and Jessie are riding by themselves so we can all go out riding together. I would love to find a job centered around horses. If horses were my job, it wouldn't feel like I was going to "work" every day. I think I am starting to understand the phrase, "When you do something you love or have a passion for, you will never work a day in your life." I really want to expand my little place here, put up a barn with 4 to 6 stalls, and start working with horses. I would love a full-time horse operation....that would be my heaven on earth. Also, there are many days that I prefer the company of my horses over most people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone