He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, February 23, 2008

OWIE, I'M SORE

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. I was going to, but I was tired and sore from surgery.

I was in the minor surgery suite for an hour. Not only were the doctor and nurse present, but the doctor also had a medical student along with him. I swear I had a heart attack when the med student walked in after the doctor. It was very uncomfortable with him being in the room. I wasn't warned or asked about the med student being present, I was already prepped and draped, so there was little I could do about it.

I was given a local anesthetic that I didn’t feel at all when it was injected. The doctor started cutting out the mass and things went well until he got near the end. I could feel a pricking/pinching feeling every now and then. So, the med student got more local anesthetic and injected that as the doctor continued to cut. Either I have some thick skin or the blade on the scalpel was dull because the doc said he was having trouble cutting through the skin in certain places. After the mass came out, and electrocautery was done to stop the bleeding, I was sewn up. I have 7 big sutures in my breast and it feels like it has been shot at point blank range.

When I came home, I wanted to try and patch my ceiling and mask the living room walls for painting. I got the patch up and just started taping when my incision started to burn. It felt like I was on fire. So, I stopped and just chilled out and watched TV for awhile and then went to bed early. I think I might have to give my incision a few days healing before I try and mask the living room. That stinks, cause I am a person who likes to finish something as soon as I get started on it. Which means that feel like I MUST paint right after I get the paint. It has been hard looking at my 3 cans of paint knowing that I cannot do anything with them for a bit.

Well, that is it for now. I am going to sit on the couch and watch The Simpson’s movie and relax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone