He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, February 09, 2008

BORING 'OL BIRTHDAY

My plans for my birthday last night were to go out with my best friend Rainy. We were going to bar hoping between the 2 bars in Leeds. However, mother nature stopped us from doing so. Since we were in a blizzard warning from 10 pm last night to 6 pm tonight, we decided that it was better to stay home then get stuck in the weather. I spent my night chatting online with a friend and watching the 4th Harry Potter movie, The Goblet of Fire. It was a very riveting night, let me tell you! I don't mind, though. I haven't really done anything on my birthday since Jessie was born.

My poor house needs to have the siding finished or it is going to start falling apart. It was supposed to be finished 2 years ago when we started the project, but something alway came up instead. The main bathroom needs work too. There is a great big hole in the floor, the tub is cracked in 4 places and it also has a hole in it, and the siding on the inside of the shower is trying to fall off. The kitchen needs linoleum bad, and the bathroom in my bedroom needs a lot of work. I like my home, but it does remind me often of the movie The Money Pit with Tom Hanks. The only thing that hasn't happend to me yet has been taking a ride down a banistered stair case in a claw-foot tub while I am covered in plaster. However, now that I have said that, it will probably happen. Eventually I would love to have a nice deck, another pool since ours crapped out last summer, and a field rock/cement cooking pit...and when I really have some extra money, I would love a roof extended over the deck. Listen to me talk. It is like I have won the PowerBall lottery or something! I know all of these plans will take years to accomplish, but it is nice to have little goals for myself when I start working again. It will really help me enjoy my yard more too.

1 Comments:

  • At February 10, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Blogger April said…

    OH Janelle! HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY!! I'm sorry I didn't catch that earlier, but We've had a rough week. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm sorry you were stuck at home, but maybe you and Rainy can go out some weekend soon and live it up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone