He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Saturday, February 02, 2008

HEY I'M BACK

After a 3 week hiatus I am back writing on my blog. Crazy, isn’t it? I couldn’t believe that I went that long without sharing any information with all of my dedicated readers. I vow never to let you hang that long again without good reason.

Two weeks after Jessie’s birthday, Billy Jo’s youngest son turned 2. They had a great little party for him out at the farm. The girls and I went to it and spent the night at their house. After the kids went to bed, we kept ourselves occupied with a couple of board games and adult beverages. However, Billy’s poor dining room table suffered critical loss of 3 chairs. Who ever though Gestures could be so seriously competitive? Friday my mother kept the girls overnight so I could spend the night at Billy’s again. Billy decided to throw me a little mini party for my birthday since she and her husband will not be home next weekend for my actual birthday. It was A LOT of fun. I hope we get to do that again sometime…but no time soon. I am going to be recovering for a while from this one.

Last week I finally got to taking down my Christmas tree and I cleaned up my house really well. I have found that keeping my house meticulously clean gives me a Zen feeling. The girls have also gotten better at keeping all their food, snacks, and drinks in the kitchen and not dragging it through the house. However, Jessie gets into mischief a lot. She has a fascination of taking the dirty clothes out of the hampers and stuffing as much clothes as she can in the toilet. She also likes to climb in and out of her crib, and she likes to dump things out on my floor. Oh well, I know this stage will not last forever. I am sure in another 20 years it will be cute. Cassidy is doing wonderful. She is active as ever, likes to play her board games and games on the playstation. She is always drawing and coloring. She does get severe cases of cabin fever now and then. She is looking forward to spring as much as I am.

This summer I plan on spending a good portion of time at the family lake cabin. Darren ever liked to go there and I always wanted to be up there. The girls enjoy it too. I also am kicking around plans to go to Glacier National Park in Montana after graduation. I and some friends would like to spend a long weekend out there and camp in tents. I will have to see how much it costs me. One thing I will do before I die is visit all the national parks in the US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone