He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'M HAVING SURGERY

In the morning, I go to Devils Lake for surgery at 8 am.

I several months ago, I had a lump on the side of one of my breasts that would come and go away periodically. It wasn’t very bothersome so I wasn’t worried about it. Well, two months ago, the lump reappeared and has been with me ever since. Through the course of the two months it has gotten larger, is very tender to touch, and it a little warm. Clothing irritates it, when I reach out with my arm it burns bad, and showers really suck. I showed it to my doctor and he decided to just cut the area out and send it to the lab to have checked out.

With my PCOS I have fibroids on my ovaries. I can also have fibroids on my breasts too. This is what I am hoping that it is. Because PCOS people have a great increased risk for ovarian and breast cancers, I am also worried about it coming back malignant. However, I have never yet heard of a malignant tumor appearing and reappearing, so I doubt that is what it is. Nevertheless, I am still a bit scarred.

I will post sometime after the surgery and let everyone know how I’m feeling.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone