He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

THE CLOSET CAME OUT, AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT WAS GAY

My friend Nichole called last night after the girls were in bed. She wanted to know what I was doing. I told her to come on over since I didn’t have anything really going on. She came over with the movie Comanche Moon and we had good intentions of actually watching it. She was amazed by how open the two rooms felt with the removal of the cabinets. The closet standing alone next to the counter looked a little odd though. We talked a lot about the closet and what my plans were for the living room. She asked if it was going to be hard removing the closet. I said no, and I showed her how bad the closet wiggled by going up and pushing on it. Nichole’s face brightened, her eyes lit up, and she said “Oh, that thing is coming down now!” and we started at it. The closet proved to be much more difficult than the cupboards. There were a bunch of super long trailer house screws in odd random places. It made us wonder about what kind of mental state the person was in when constructing the closet. About an hour and a half after starting the project, the closet was finally totally disassembled and all the pieces carried outside. The only mishap we had was when we were pulling out the frame. Something went up when it should have went down. We don’t know exactly how it happened, but part of the closet frame went into my ceiling leaving a nice 1x3 hole. I thought I was going to have an aneurysm, but Nichole assured me that is CAN be fixed. Her parents have the same type of ceiling in their mobile home and her father has patches to fix it. The hole is not big and not really noticeable since you don’t look up at the ceiling. I have to repaint the ceiling anyway sometime, so it will not be noticeable at all when it is patched and painted. As weird as it sounds, we did have a good time removing the closet and had a lot of laughs while doing so. After we were finished with that, we found places for most of the stuff from the cabinets and closet. We boxed up some of Darren’s things and stuff that needs to be in the garage and not in the house. That made a lot of room in some of the other cabinets. The house is still in disarray, but I am working on it slowly and things are coming to order. I really do like how open the two rooms feel now. They seem super HUGE. I cannot wait to rearrange furniture and have everything in order once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone