He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

DONE PAINTING

With a lot of help from my friend, Nichole, we actually finished painting the living room last night. We put in another long night, but the room looks great. Nichole even admitted that she doesn't like red all that much, but it looks awesome in the living room. During a break in the painting I looked through the Mendard'a ad in the Peddler. Wouldn't you know, the Wainscot knotty pine I want to put in the living room is on sale right now for $7.99 per 9.33 sq feet. My father and I are going to run to Mendard's in Minot either today or tomorrow and pick it up. There isn't a whole lot of space that we have to cover with it, so it won't be that expensive. I am thinking we can get buy with only five 5 Wainscot knotty pine sheets. I am really getting excited over the living room. Now the only thing that will be left in the living room is curtains. After finishing up the living room, I should be done with things until we start the rest of the siding in the spring, along with the main bathroom.

My incision is healing. It itches more than it hurts now. The bruising around the stitches is almost a canary yellow color. What surprised me was how flat the incised area got. It is almost a perfect sunk in square. I lost all the roundness and gained a square crater. I showed it to my mom. My mom said, "Well...I think it should fill back out." That didn't make me feel 100% reassured by the way she said it. I see my doctor again on March 3rd to have the stitches out and go over the lab report. I will ask my doctor about the area filling back out at that time.

The weather has been pleasant. I am getting cabin fever now. I cannot wait to get outside and spend an entire day playing with the girls, and I really want to saddle up my sorrel mare and go riding. The foal this summer will be an added joy to have around. I am starting to miss outdoor activites since it's been so cold. Hopefully spring will be here soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone