He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, December 11, 2006

MY WEEKEND

I absolutely love winter when the frost hangs thick on trees and surrounding objects making the outdoors look completely white. That is what it did today. It was so beautiful. I don't know why, but for some reason, I love how things look when that happends. I took Cassie outside for a while since it was nice. While were were out, I was trying to take some pictures of the frost hanging on the trees and the pasture fence. I was only able to snap a quick picture of the horses and then the batteries went dead.

Saturday we went to Darren's folks place in Willow City. Darren helped his parents make deer sausage and I tried to get some homework done, which I was not very successful in doing. We stayed up there until around five and then worked our way home. We stopped to visit a little while with his cousin in Rugby on our way back also. When we got home, Darren fixed Jessie's dresser for me. I hope it holds together for a while.

When I got up with the girls early on Sunday morning, I noticed that the dog was outside in the back yard playing with a "prize." I didn't' give him anything and I wasn't sure if Darren had given the dog anything or not. So when Darren was on his way outside for his morning cigarette, I asked him to check on the dog. When Darren came back in, he stated the the dog was proudly displaying a skunk that he must have caught during the night.

We had been having a skunk problem for a little while. It was tearing into the garbage bags scattering junk everywhere and it would leave "essence of skunk" whenever it had been in the yard. I suppose the skunk was coming in the yard to eat the dog food since I started stacking the garbage in the garage. I was really starting to get fed up with the stink all the time, but I think the dog just took care of that.

That's my weekend. Hope you all enjoyed yours. Just one last comment.....April, has Aiden arrived yet? :D

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone