He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, December 04, 2006

LEUKEMIA

Leukemia is starting to become something that I have been hearing quite a bit about lately. Not because I want to, but it just seems that more and more young people are being diagnosed with it. I know of four people who have been diagnosed with leukemia in the last two months. Today number five was added to the list.

My friend Bethany has a cousin, Savanna, who is 22 years old. She had been sick for a while and they thought that it was mono. After a bunch of tests they just found out that it actually leukemia.

This is tough on the family. Savanna has an older brother who graduated from West Point and is being sent overseas soon too. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be their parents right now. I never want to be in that place. I don't know what I would ever do if Cassidy or Jessie is diagnosed with leukemia.

I am starting to get scared of it. Since leukemia is so popular lately I worry that one of them will get it.

I wish the best for the family, for their daughter and their son. My prayers are with the family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone