He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, November 27, 2006

ORDINARY WEEKEND

Darren was gone most of the weekend again. It was the last weekend of deer hunting, so after our Thanksgiving meal on Thursday, Darren headed off to Willow City. He came back home on Sunday evening.

Today, Darren and my father got the ditch along our house burnt. We have been wanting to do that forever. Since there was a light dusting of snow on the ground and it was drizzeling, Darren decided that today was a safe day to do it because he wouldn't have been able to start a forest fire even if he tried. Darren also got some of the old electric fence posts out of storage and put them around our septic tank and along the garage where there is junk so he doesn't hit them with the snow blower this winter and also that nobody drives over them with a vehicle.

The last time I went out shopping, I bought enough stuff so that I could start making my own bread. I have this really nice bread machine and have used it about 3 times. I am currently in the process of making a 2 lb loaf. It started out a little too soft so I have slowly been adding flour to it so that the dough rolls properly into a ball while mixing in the maching. I have added so much right now that I think in the end it will more resemble a 7 lb loaf. Regardless of how it turns out, we will eat it because I am going to need the bread in the morning.

I don't have much planned this week except to start cracking hard on my Human Anatomy books. My finale has to be on my professors desk by Dec. 15 and it covers 6 chapters so I need all the time I can get. Plus, I have ten more transcriptions to do before I am finished with my Fundementals of Medical Transcription class and I want to hand those in as soon as possible as well. In the spring, I am thinking of only picking up one class which will be Medical Terminology II. I have been hearing from some other people that it's pretty tough.

The husband took a few pics of the kids and I yesterday. I will post them as soon as I can get Hello working properly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone