He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS

When my girls grow up, I hope they think I am half the wonderful person that my mother is.

My mom did something for me today that made me cry on the way to Devils Lake. I have been worried what to do about Christmas for the girls for a while. Darren's job has been going slow because of the upcoming holidays so that puts pressure on having any other kind of extra money for the fun things. My mom thought that I really helped her out a lot the last couple of weeks with her cookies, even though I don't feel like I really did all that much. In fact, I think I could have done a lot more. Anyway, mom still appreciated it, and before I left her house this afternoon, she gave me money to spend on the girls for Christmas. She even told me to take half the money and buy the gift that Cassie really wants for Christmas. I don't know if my mom knew what her generosity did for me and the girls today. She just enabled me to give the girls a nice, small, happy Christmas.

So, when I went to Wal-Mart before heading up to the hospital to take my test, I went to Wal-Mart and bought Cassie her Santa gift. That moment made me feel very good because I was able to get something that I know Cassie will enjoy on Christmas morning. It's moments like these when I hope that my children will be able to look upon me someday and think of me as a good mother, and that I was alway there for them when they needed me the most. My mother is wonderful, so it will be pretty tough to live up to, but I will try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone