He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Monday, November 13, 2006

A SHOWER FOR APRIL

Yesterday I went to April's baby shower. April and Kevin had a wonderful turn-out and they received a lot of really nice things for little Aiden. I gave them a nice white wicker basket lined with a rubber ducky material and inside the basket I put a blanket, a Johnson & Johnson starter kit, and a little toy. Totally by coincidence another friend gave them the same blanket and used the same gift bag and baby shower card that I used. It was creepy. I also dropped off the last of the baby clothes that I found for them.

The shower was a lot of fun. We played the baby food testing game and the all-time favorite "guess what is in the diaper" game. I, along with another gal, won the door prizes for the baby food game. I had help since Jessie is eating all the stuff we tested.

The food was yummy. April made this really wonderful taco dip and April's mom made a really good nacho dip that I HAVE to have the recipes for.

When I got to my parents place to pick up the girls the air was filled with the wonderful smell of burning wood from their fireplace. One of the best things I love about this time of season are the smells in the air, especially when wood and field stubble are being burned. There are other scents too but I won't get into them since my father would be the only person who would appreciate or understand them.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone