He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

WHAT A TRIP

Our trip to see my sister in MN was pretty good.

Wednesday the girls and I spent the night at my mom's. On Thursday we left shortly after my mom got home from work which was about 4 o'clock. We reached Fargo at about 7:30 and we ran by a McDonald's to get something to eat and then we went over to my aunt's house so that we could eat our McD's and feed Jessie. Jessie did wonderful on the car ride. She didn't make a sound until we got into Fargo and then she started talking a little bit because she was getting hungry. Cassie had my other aunts portable DVD player and was watching Pinochhio until we got our food.

We didn't stay long in Fargo, only about an hour, and then we took off again. We reached the cities around 11:30 and got to my sisters place at midnight. We just got the stuff that we needed for the night out of the car and then went to bed.

Friday we went to the Mall of America and my mom bought Cassie and unlimited ride pass wristband (chaperones rode for free) and we rode rides from noon until about 2:30 then hit the food court for a bite to eat and then we left the mall to get our hair cut at The Chair. I love my hair cut, it's short but really layered and looks wonderful. Cassie sat really good for her hair cut and it looks just adorable. My mom got her hair cut and colored and it looks really good too. The guy who cut our hair was a really nice guy and I liked him a lot. I now know why my sister spends the money to go there. Cassie wanted to go back to the mall and ride more rides and because she did so well for her hair cut (and we didn't have anything else planned) we went back to the mall around 5 and we all got tired of little kids rides so we left at about 9:30. I am sure Cassie rode at least 27 different times on about 6 rides. Her favorite ride was the Camp Bus which goes up in the air and spins around similar to a ferris wheel only faster. My sister counted it out and my mom rode it 9 times with Cassie, Lynnette rode it 3 times with her, and I stopped counting myself after our 9th trip around but I know I rode it a lot more than that with her. She was riding it so often that after a while the girl running the ride us let sit in the ride so we weren't running around the ride to scan her wristband for every ride.

On Saturday we did our shopping. I bought a new purse and a moose rug for my kitchen floor, my mom got some new windchimes, some scrubs, and a new pair of shoes for work, and Lynnette bought the girls each an outfit for Sunday church and she also bought Cassie these really cool little pink Nike sandals that look like Tevas.

On Sunday we went to 10:30 mass at the church my sister goes to. It's a super nice church and the music there is really good. After mass we had lunch at a Perkins restaurant in Minnetonka and then mom, I, and the girls left for home.

We stopped at my aunt's in Fargo around 6 o'clock so that we could all eat and then we headed out. We had a quick stop in Grand Forks because we were getting thirsty and for some reason Jessie got hungry again so I had to jump in the back seat with her. We were going to stop by April and Kevin's new place but because the day was getting late we skipped it (sorry guys, I really wanted to come over). We got home around 10:30 and I was happy to be home.

We took a lot of pictures of Cassie in the park in MOA and as soon as I get the copies from my sister I will post them. There are also some really good pics of us getting our hair cut too which I may post as well so be on the look out for them coming soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone