He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, May 11, 2006

A BIT SPOOKY

My house is still some what of a wreck. Actually it looks like a bomb exploded in the house and I really needed to start cleaning, as stated in my previous post, so I went around and started collecting the dirty dishes and then I started in on picked up the toys and game pieces from the floor. I got to the door way where the two boxes from our neighbors was sitting and I was collecting a bunch of little red paper dots for a bingo game when I noticed that there was an extra box.

The third box was not there last night when we came home or Cassie and I would have fallen over it coming through the door and it wasn't there this morning when I went out to get the mail cause I would have had to step over it to get out of the house.

I just stared at it for 20 seconds before I checked out the shipping label to figure out where the heck it came from. Here the box had been sent from the Williston State College bookstore and they were all the books and disks that I needed for my classes that start in 11 days and the box was delivered by UPS.

Weird thing I that for the most part, I have been in the living room all day with the occasional trip to the bathroom. I didn't hear the door open or close and I didn't hear the UPS guy holler "UPS MAN!" like he normally does when he opens the door. I live in a 16 x 80 mobile home so I really should have heard him....I should have heard the truck even, but I didn't.

It just makes me think that if I can't hear someone like the UPS man who obviously makes noise when coming to the house, how am I going to hear anyone else. Some deranged psychotic killer or drifter could walk right into my home and I might not know it. I can put myself and my girls in danger by being so distracted with them and the house work. I don't want us to be murdered by some freak or have some goon take of with the girls.

It's really a bit spooky if you ask me. What can I do to keep us a bit more safe?

On the plus side, I got my books which I was starting to wonder about. I was reading a note that was sent along with them and I am short one book because they didn't have them at the bookstore yet but they will send it when they get. In the same note it says that the books that are shrink wrapped can not be returned once they are open.....yeah, all of my books are shrink wrapped except for the Medical Termiology I disks that go with the books. Bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone