He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Thursday, May 11, 2006

MY CHILDHOOD STUFFY

Upon the request of Mr Toast's blog I am now going to reveal my childhood stuffy. Most of you are thinking that it's some stuffed horse right? Well, if that's what you are thinking...you are wrong. SUPRISE!! It's actually a gray elephant that was given to me by my parents after they took a trip (I believe it was Bismarck but I'm not 100% sure) and couldn't take us children along.



They brought back a moose, a squirrel, and the elephant. The stuffies were in brown paper sacks so it was hard to tell what they were. I remember seeing the grey nose sticking out of the top of the bag and since that was the one I could see, that's the one I grabbed. My sister got the moose and my brother got the squirrel. I don't know if the elephant was meant for me or not but I instantly fell in love with him. I used to decorate him with my western bandanas and he went every where with me.

When Cassie was born I almost gave it to her and for a week I did go around the house saying that it was Cassie's elephant now but after a few weeks I took him back. There were too many memories to just give him up....even to my daughter. Sounds selfish I know, but like K-P-P to Mr Toast, this elephant is my only link to my very young childhood that is still mine.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone