He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

DOCTOR, JESSIE, AND PIGS

It was almost a waist of time going to the doctor. They checked the hole and said that they didn't see any infection below it so they put me on an antibiotic and then told me just to use a topical ointment over the hole and if that doesn't work and it opens again to come back to the clinic. I have used the topical ointment each time it's opened up so I am sure I will be going back next month.

I go a hold of the district health office about Jessie's reaction to her shots. They checked the records and said that there wasn't any preservatives or anything that would have made her break out like that so they said that it was probably an allergic reaction to the alcohol wipes that they used to rub both her legs with. And I actually do believe that she has an allergy to alcohol because the other day after her bath I rubbed Johnson&Johnson baby lotion (the pink stuff) on her and about ten minutes after that she started to cry and she didn't stop crying until about 11 o'clock. For the heck of it, I checked the back of the bottle, and sure enough, there is Centyl Alcohol in it. So now I am going to have to check all the products that come into contact with Jessie and make sure there isn't alcohol in them or she is going to do that every time. Her charts at the doctors office and at district health have been flagged so they will prep her with only soap and water when they need to. I hope that it goes away after time because when she gets older I don't think there is an acne medication out there that doesn't have some sort of alcohol it it and we will have to watch perfumes and cosmetics too I'm sure.

Sunday evening we took a trip south of York to visit a farmer that has pigs so that Cassie could see them. She was talking all day about petting some pigs and around noon I remembered that I couple that goes to our church raises pigs. I gave them a call and they were more than happy to have Cassie come out and see them. Cassie had a lot of fun, she even got to see a mommy pig with 11 piglets.....and the runt was super cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone