He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

NOT AGAIN

Just my luck!

I get up this morning and I am sweating beyond belief, I am shaking so much that I am scared to pick up Jessie because I am afraid that I may drop her, I have a headache so bad that it almost makes me shout out in pain, and I feel foggy and dissy. I am throwing up and I have stomach cramps.

I call my mom, I really don't know why because it's not like she can help me when she it at work but there isn't anyone around here. My mom gets a hold of Mary Anne to see if she could get me in to see the doctor or have them call me. I am so bummed out because I think I may be too sick to go to Minneapolis. There is no way I can make the trip this sick.

While I am waiting for the phone call I am trying to take care of the girls as best as I can but it's difficult and I wished to hell that I had someone to call and help me with them while I am so sick. I sit down to nurse Jessie and we just get started and I have to throw up and I know I am not going to make it to the bathroom with Jessie on my lap. The only thing close enough was Cassie's Playdough bucket so I grabbed it with my foot really fast and dumped everything out of it to use until Jessie was done nursing. I couldn't stop throwing up and visions of Kevin's middle of the night story kept coming back to me and making me more sick.

Poor Cassie was all confused. She kept asking me if I was okay and if I was going to be alright. She was looking at me funny while I had her bucket and the only thing she could repeat was "are you puking mommy". All I had time to say to her was that I was really sick.

Jessie finally gets done nursing so I lay her on my bed and I dashed to the bathroom to sit. I don't know how long I was there because I fell asleep resting against the counter right next to the toilet I would guess I was there for at least a half hour or better by the mark on my arm. I collected myself quickly and checked on the kids. Cassie was playing with the cat in my closet and Jessie was still smiling and cooing on the bed.

I get a phone call from the doctor's nurse. He wants me to stop taking the antibiotic from Friday for a few days and see if I feel better because that may be making me sick and also tells me that there is a flu bug going around so it may also be that.

I put Jessie in her swing and she quickly falls asleep and Cassie and I jumped up on the couch together and watch TV. Cassie passed out shortly and I crashed after her. We all started to wake up around 4 o'clock and I feel better. Everything has seemed to leave except for the headache to I take tylenol.

My mom calls to check on me. We had plans to go to Minot to get my aunts portable DVD player for the drive to Minneapolis to help occupy the girls a little bit. I told her that I was feeling a lot better and I think I am up for the trip and both girls had their naps and I was just getting ready to nurse Jessie again so we would be ready to leave when she got home.

My headache was almost gone by the time mom came over. We stopped at Cenex in Rugby so I could get something for myself and Cassie to drink. We stopped at a McDonalds in Minot and got food to go and got to my aunts place. We waited a little bit for them because they were gone but that wasn't a problem cause we ate our food while we watched American Idol and I was able to feed Jessie another time too.

By time we left Minot I felt about 97% healthy except a faint fuzzy feeling and I have a cough.

Not it's really late and both girls are in bed and I feel a lot better. It must have been a 12 hour bug or something but whatever it was I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy especially if they have kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone