He's of the colour of the nutmeg. And of the heat of the ginger.... he is pure air and fire; and the dull elements of earth and water never appear in him, but only in patient stillness while his rider mounts him; he is indeed a horse, and all other jades you may call beasts. ~William Shakespeare, Henry V

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

AVIAN INFLUENZA

I just don't get it.

I was watching the news tonight and in Indonesia 7 family members died from the avian influenza in three weeks but government officials refuse testing on all types of birds for the H5N1 virus. Excuse me?! If I lived in close proximity to any kind of poultry or bird and my family was getting sick I would definitely want to know if it was the chicken, turkey, or pigeon making them ill.

I think it's just stupid that they can grab one bird out of a whole flock to see if the flock is sick.

Maybe I am just irritated about hearing of the H5N1 virus or just ticked that countries won't to more testing so that America can prepare itself as the rest of the countries fight it but wouldn't you want to try and do more about it if you could?

2 Comments:

  • At May 28, 2006 at 11:52 AM, Blogger Josie, group organizer said…

    Good luck on all your classes! There'll be good days and bad ones but never let the bad ones make you think any less of yourself or your abilities. Getting a degree is a challenge no matter how you get it. SOmetimes I think online classes can be tougher because you have to make yourself log in as opposed to listening to lectures and getting notes. I hope this really works for you, though.

     
  • At May 31, 2006 at 9:31 AM, Blogger KSoFM said…

    Janelle, thanks for your post on my blog. I needed a kick in butt to get me going again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 


Music Video Code provided by Music Video Zone